Summer Salad Recipe - Warm Mediterranean For OneSunday, August 09, 2015
Ingredients; 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper, 2 teaspoons of honey, a pinch of cayenne, a pinch of paprika, 3-4 medium sized beetroots; halloumi, baby spinach, 2 small bell peppers, a serving of black olives, beetroot, olive oil, sharena sol.
- Place unpeeled beetroots on a baking tray and bake at Gas Mark 4 for an hour. They should be tender when pierced with a skewer, if not place back in the oven at your discretion.
- Whilst the beetroots bake, begin preparing the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Rinse, quarter, and de-seed the bell peppers.
- Rub the skin of the pepper quarters with olive oil and place them flesh down on a baking tray.
- Towards the last 10 minutes of the beetroot’s baking time, place the peppers in the grill under moderate heat for 10-15 minutes until skin has caramelised.
- Slice halloumi into desired shape and size and add them to the tray in the grill during the last 5 minutes. Grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove tray from grill and wrap peppers and halloumi in foil to keep them warm.
- Remove beetroot when ready.
- Rinse and the baby spinach and spin dry. Set aside to use later.
- Cool the beetroots until they are a comfortable temperature to handle.
- Peel and halve them.
- Combine the beetroot with the remaining ingredients in a pan over a gentle heat, and toss for 4-5 minutes or until they heated through.
- Set the now spiced beetroot aside to cool slightly but work quickly as the salad should be served warm.
- Fill the base of a plate or bowl with baby spinach and add in all other ingredients. Toss lightly or arrange as you please.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle sharena sol to taste
Filed under: EAT.