Summer Salad Recipe - a Bulgarian Twist on niçoise!Monday, August 03, 2015
Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 5-6 as a side
Ingredients: 4 large eggs, 375g mackerel fillets in oil of choice, 2 handfuls of green olives, 1 full head of baby romaine lettuce.
- Boil the eggs in water for about 7 minutes, then drain and leave them in cold water to cool.
- Cut the baby potatoes into halves.
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water until tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Once cooked, drain and put aside.
- In a bowl, juice the lemon and whisk with the olive oil, season lightly if at all.
- Put the warm vegetables in a large bowl and pour over the lemon dressing.
- Peel the eggs and cut into halves.
- Mix the lettuce, mackerel and olives with the vegetables and toss together.
- Add the eggs, sprinkle with sharena sol and serve.
I don’t naturally reach for dressing on my salads so I would have my niçoise exactly like this but you are welcome to add whichever you like. Bon appétit!
Filed under: EAT.